Inpatient Drug Rehab Programs
Inpatient Drug Rehab in Utah
Lion’s Gate Recovery is a caring and compassionate inpatient rehab center in Utah. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, our drug rehab programs offer support and quality treatment. Success rates are high for patients who spend between 30 and 90 days in a treatment program. This is why inpatient programs are extremely important for people who are committed to recovering from addiction.
Why are Inpatient Programs Better than Outpatient Programs?
With an inpatient program, the patient lives at the center for their entire treatment process. Patients are required to stay on-site around-the-clock, which allows their recovery to be their primary focus. Outpatient treatments, on the other hand, offer medical treatment and counseling at a center while patients live at home. While this type of treatment can be successful, the biggest problem is that people are still surrounded by their triggers. It is often difficult for addicts to resist temptation and stay focused on recovery in this situation.
Here are some other important reasons why inpatient programs are more effective than outpatient programs:
– The detox phase of treatment is often the hardest and it’s the most difficult one to get through when you’re in an outpatient treatment. Withdrawal symptoms occur as the alcohol or drugs leave the body and these symptoms can be severe. In an inpatient program, patients are supervised by professionals.
– Recovery is successful because the client is in a supportive and controlled environment. Patients who are addicted to drugs or alcohol need a high level of care to make a major change in their life and be successful at it.
– Inpatient programs can treat a variety of clients from all different types of situations. This is the best option because a program can be customized to the client’s specific needs. Since outpatient programs have less monitoring of the client than inpatient programs, it’s difficult for counselors to understand exactly what the patient needs at each step of the recovery process.
– There’s little-to-no temptation or ability to relapse when the patient stays at a facility full-time. Outpatient treatments provide the comfort of home; however, as mentioned above, they also come with the triggers that can convince the patient to begin using again.
– Clients can experience a new, invigorating sense of community with other clients as well as with the center’s staff. It’s not easy to find people who are willing to talk about their struggle with addiction. At an inpatient facility, everyone is there with the same goal. It doesn’t take long to realize that supporting other people’s recovery helps support your own recovery.
– Clients will come to understand their addiction and learn new life skills and behavioral changes that empowers them to avoid the entrapments of addiction.
– An inpatient center is able to provide needed medication to help with addiction recovery. Trained professionals are available to supervise medications. Outpatient treatment programs are not able to offer the same type of medication management for clients. Success rates tend to go down when clients, who are already overwhelmed with many life changes, are left in charge of their own medications.
While it can be difficult at first, separation is actually a very positive thing for the client. Inpatient programs give hope to addicts and their families by teaching coping skills, life skills, and addiction education, while also offering counseling services. Inpatient rehab treatment requires that the client stops all contact with the outside world for a temporary amount of time. It’s normal for someone to fight against this, at first. It’s hard to be pulled out of your life and told that you’re going to be cut off from everything and everyone you’ve known. However, if the client were allowed to stay in contact with the outside world, they would likely continue to have unhealthy relationships with the people who contribute to their addiction. The halt on communication may be for as little as one week or it could be longer depending upon their customized program.
How Should I Choose an Inpatient Program?
With so many options, it’s tempting to just blindly choose one without digging too deep. However, you want to know that you or your loved one is in good hands while they receive treatment. Many facilities have similar treatment programs, but it’s still worth taking the time to find out the detailed differences that will set each center apart. Here are the steps you can take to make sure you’re opting for the right program:
– Get referrals from others who have used the program. If you or someone you know has had success at a specific center, that can have a big impact on your decision. Also, when you have an idea of what to expect when you arrive at a treatment facility, it may make the transition easier. If you don’t know anybody who’s been at that specific drug rehab center, look online to read reviews. While you don’t want to choose a center based purely on reputation, it’s a good start when narrowing down your list. Additionally, you can also ask your physician to recommend an inpatient facility.
– Research the center’s methods and techniques to make sure they match your own personal values. There are a number of different tactics that are used in inpatient rehab programs and you should be able to find one that will best suit your or your loved one’s needs For example, some centers have specialties. You can also find treatment centers that focus on holistic treatments, are for a specific gender or are geared toward a certain age group. At Lion’s Gate Recovery, we offer faith-based programs for people who want to reconnect with their LDS or Catholic roots.
– Look into fees and financing the inpatient program that you choose. There are a lot of rehab centers in Utah that are covered in full or partially by your health insurance provider. Make sure to find out the coverage that’s available from your provider so that you can take advantage of everything the center has to offer. At Lion’s Gate Recovery, we also offer financing options to make sure you or your loved one can get the help they need.
– Make an appointment to meet the rehab center staff. While you’ll almost always speak with an admissions counselor, you can also ask to talk to the other counselors as well as the director of the center. It’s always a good idea to get to know the people who will be working closely with your loved one. Don’t hesitate to also speak with the nurses, physicians, therapists and social workers, and to ask any questions you may have. You want to make sure that the staff is friendly, caring and dedicated to the patients and their families.
– Take a tour of the facility ahead of time. It’s best if you can just pop in to take the tour unannounced. This will give you a realistic view of the center when the staff hasn’t had time to prepare for your visit.
– Choose a treatment center that’s close enough for loved ones to visit. Eventually, the inpatient program will allow you or your loved one to have contact with their friends and family. While it may be a good idea to select a program that is a little further from home, it should be accessible for visitors.
There’s a lot of research to be done when choosing a rehab program. Once you’ve compared programs, locations, methods and prices, you should be ready to choose the right program for the patient. After you’ve made your decision, it’s important to have the client enter the facility right away so that the recovery process can start immediately.
Why Does Lion’s Gate Recovery Stand-out as an Inpatient Program?
Lion’s Gate Recovery has an inpatient program that’s designed to treat addiction while providing a retreat-like setting. Clients will benefit from the following features while being treated at Lion’s Gate Recovery:
– Residential Setting: Unlike typical drug rehab facilities, our inpatient center is residential. Patients feel as comfortable as they would at home. This is especially important during the frightening first phase of treatment, particularly withdrawal, when patients are learning to form a new community of support with other recovering addicts and the program staff.
– Around-the-Clock Monitoring: Our inpatient program offers monitoring 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Medical professionals are always available to provide care and assistance through every phase of treatment. Psychiatrists are on-hand at all times to treat emotional needs.
– Craving and Temptation Management: Our program is able to work with the patient to help them fight off cravings and control their temptations. Clients are taught how to avoid relapse and how to begin living their life again without using drugs. Holistic remedies like yoga and meditation help with this process.
– Supportive Environment: Our inpatient program puts each client in a setting where they can interact with other people who understand their concerns, struggles and needs. Being surrounded by others who understand addiction allows the client to share their experiences and thoughts. It’s common for strong bonds to be formed, which can help recovery even more.
If you are looking for an inpatient drug rehab program in Utah, please don’t hesitate to call us. Lion’s Gate Recovery counselors are ready to answer any questions you may have about addiction treatment and available programs. We want you to be successful and enjoy your life. That’s why we are committed to the best therapy practices, including supporting your recovery for a lifetime.